In business, it’s one thing to have a long list of initiatives. It’s quite another to know what to do with them. The proverbial dustbin of business history is littered with the carcasses of interesting programs based on initiatives that were never properly fleshed out, implemented or realized. This is one reason why more than two thirds of major change management efforts are doomed to fail. Yet managing change effectively is a source of competitive advantage but few organizations do it well.
- Some believe that much about change is irrational and hard to predict when in fact the opposite is true. Delivery risks are highly predictable, measurable and manageable. Many change management programs stall because organizations fail to consider risks of change delivery and implementation. A simple risk assessment at the outset can identify specific risks early, and providing a simple, practical set of actions that dramatically improve the odds of success.
- Many organizations try to roll out a change program but fail to realize the anticipated benefits. To realize the benefits the key individuals in the organization have to “play ball”. This requires changing the way people behave. For any transformational change to succeed, people have to think and work differently. And to get these new behaviors to stick, they need to be reinforced and celebrated by a connected group of sponsors throughout the organization. The direct line boss has the greatest influence over individual behaviors. That is why it’s essential to lobby the organization from the bottom up. An unbroken chain from the frontline to the C-suite will ensure that people at every level will “play ball”. EGNYT helps program managers and senior leaders continually monitor the health of the change program and identify pockets of resistance in real-time to take the appropriate action as and when needed.
EGNYT’S APPROACH IS GROUNDED IN THE FOLLOWING GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Putting People First: Organizations don’t change, people do. To get results, employees must take ownership. Therefore, we help you identify the vital behaviors that drive results, and reinforce them with positive feedback and we help you invest in coaching to develop individual capabilities
- Crystalize Vision: The vision will need to inspire deep commitment. We help you develop a clear vision while ensuring leaders are aligned and committed to it.
- Proof of Concept by Creating Immediate Value: Transformation plans will need to be realistic and have quick wins. We help you ensure that the organization is able to implement change and establish a governance structure to ensure efficient decision-making and management mechanisms that measure progress and capture value
- Sustainability of Change: We help you establish the organizational enablers and adapt the process and technology to support the change. It’s important to build-in a feedback loop and response mechanisms to ensure enduring results.
ACTIONABLE ROADMAPEstablishment of a time-phased roadmap that links priority behavior changes to the sources of business value
Identification and elimination of the most common resistances to changing behaviors, including mindsets and lack of reinforcements
Recruitment of influencers extending from the top to the bottom of the organization, that reinforces the desired behaviors in order to sustain the change.
Realization and measurement of full potential values of your change program.